God is still in control.
They took little man back to the nursery to clean him up and finish their exam. Meanwhile, DH and I ate a couple of cheeseburgers with fries and drank a root beer. I was STARVING!
We were taken to my recovery room where we waited for little man to join us. I kept thinking that it was really taking them a while to bring him back. Then the nurse came in wheeling a bassinet with little man tucked inside.He was still blue-ish tinted, but the nurse said that this was caused from the broken blood vessels in his face. I was able to nurse him and snuggle him... for a little while.
Our nurse came in and noticed he was grunting and flaring his nostrils. She rushed him away, back to the nursery. He was experiencing respiratory distress, but we didn't know why. The time was about 3:00am. I passed out. Now, let me clarify something, by this point I had not slept in over 24 hours and just finished with 18 hours of labor. I was exhausted.
The next time I saw little man was in the nursery. He was hooked up to a pulse/ox monitor and had an iv in his hand giving him fluids and medicine. I was not able to pick him up or hold him. I was devastated. The resident pediatrician called us back to his computer to show us little man's xray. His lungs were cloudy with a pneumonia infection and he had an infection in his blood (sepsis).
Pneumonia and sepsis. Caused from an infection. I had tested negative for beta strep, but that is the infection that ravished my little man's body. I had to sign a consent form for the doctor to do a lumbar puncture, otherwise known as a spinal tap, to make sure the infection hadn't spread to his brain. I was crushed. I was scared. All I wanted to do was hold my little guy.
On top of this, little man has a heart murmur.
God is good.
Through all of this, God remained very close to my DH and I. Before little man was even born, I gave him to the Lord, and through everything, the Lord kept reminding me of that. He was in control. What more could I ask for?
God is good.
Isaiah 26:3-4
3Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
4Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
Pictures
3 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment