So, I technically have 2 more hours left in the day, but I really do not think we are going to meet our new blessing today. It really should not surprise me, though. Ds2 came 3 days late. Ds1 was induced early, so I really don't know when he would have arrived in comparison to my EDD.
So, we wait. And we will wait until 2 weeks after my EDD, and then I will have to be induced. Not my idea of fun. Induction is hard. And a lot more work than natural labor (and in my opinion, it's more painful). And with induction, a woman is way more likely to end up with an unnecessary c-section. No thank you! I prefer an intervention free labor and delivery. It's safer for the baby, too. I'd have a home birth if Dh was comfortable with it. But, I understand where he is coming from, after hemorrhaging after the birth of Ds2, Dh feels a bit safer in a hospital, for now. So, maybe one day I'll birth at home.
In other news, we were able to visit and fellowship with a very sweet and dear friend of ours today. I am always blessed after our time together. It is so nice to fellowship with like minded friends. We actually got to talk for hours while all of our children played. She is such a dear friend, and I hate that our time together is so far between, but we always manage to pick up right where we left of in our last time together. And she encouraged me to start making bread again (she even gave me some ground wheat berry flour to try).
The LORD has really been working on me in these past few weeks about contentment. I know I have been guilty of wanting more or wanting better, and I have far too often shared this with my DH. Now, I know that we are suppossed to share our hearts with our husbands, but sometimes I think I've beaten him down with all of my "wants" and haven't done enough to build him up and to be his helpmeet. And then I read in my Bible the other day about how the Isrealites wanted so despratly to have a king over them when, in reality, they THE KING ruling over them, but they weren't content. So they ended up with Saul. Wow! That hit me like a ton of bricks. How many times have I gotten in the way of the LORD and ended up getting a less than desirable outcome? I am so greatful for the Lord's faithfulness. And I am so greatful to Him for saving this wretched soul. I have an eternity in Heaven in a mansion He has prepared just for me. That really should be enough. He has promised believers food and raiment, and I have that. I have an over aboundance. And with my discontentment, I have shown the Lord that it's not good enough. When I sit back and look at all that He has done and blessed us with, I feel so undeserving. I think if we can get ahold of that idea, that we don't deserve all that we have, we can get passed our own discontentment and really start praising the Lord.
Here is the chorus from "Aint God Good?" I really love this song and I think it fits this entire post.
"Aint God good to give us so many blessings? Undesrving, that's what we are. We ought to thank Him, love and praise Him a little more today, a whole lot more tommorrow."
He has given me a family. I have a husband who his a born again, Bible believer. He's saved and serving the Lord; I am so thankful for that. I have 2, soon to be 3 (LORD willing) children. The oldest of whom has accepted Christ as his Lord and Saviour and been baptised!
He has saved my wretched soul. He didn't have to, but it was His love for me that put Him on the cross to pay the wages for my sin. I didn't deserve that; I don't deserve Heaven or even the mansion I'll get when I get there.
He has given my DH a job where we are able to pay our bills and have a roof over our heads.
I am able to home school my children.
I have so much to be thankful for. Don't we all?
Pictures
3 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment