Monday, May 16, 2011

The Dog.

So, we have a dog. A puppy, to be exact. And she is more work than a newborn baby.

Several times a day I have pledged to get rid of her. But then she does something, looks at me with her big, over sized ears, and her big brown eyes, and sweet face that is just starting to droop, and I just can't do it.

Nope. This dumb dog who like to use my carpet as her toilet. This dumb dog who runs over my kids. This dumb dog who eats everything in sight (including things off the counters and table). I just can't imagine getting rid of her.

I know she's going to be big. We are pretty sure she is going to be bigger than the last Blue Tick Coon Hound we had (he was 70 lbs).

So, we are pulling out all the stops. I have dedicated my spare time (that's funny, ha) to reading  and researching how to train this dog to stop using my house as her toilet and to be an enjoyable animal that we'd like to have around.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afternoon Update:

So, apparently there is a hole in the back fence and the dog is an escape artist because she disappeared through said hole and was tramping through the mud on the other side. At least we tried to get her back.

And then the bad news, she came back.

I have a love/hate relationship with the dog. Probably less love than the latter, though.

And, she has dug up more holes in my yard than a platoon of armadillos. So, when you come over, watch where you step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends