Its a long read, but worth it. http://inthenameofpurpose.org/
As many of you know, I am no friend of Rick Warren. I mean he seems like a nice guy, but I don't like his Purpose Driven Drivel.
And I guess what is so hard for me to explain to people around me is that this kind of worship/church/thinking really scares me. I've been there. So, whenever I hear of something that smacks of "new age spirituality" my first instinct is to get away. Its all from the Devil. Even after committing my life to Christ, I found myself embracing "so-called" Christian beliefs that were completely un-biblical and full of new agey thoughts and practices. It was comfortable to me, it was familiar, and it was completely against the Word of God! So, all of this bubble gum, cotton candy, sugar-coated, come as you are, One Love garbage is giving me a cavity! Just like junk food, it can calm a craving but it cannot sustain. Mal-nourishment can happen in your spiritual life, too.
The church should never lower its standards in order to reach the world. The true Gospel of Jesus Christ is sufficient for reaching the lost. The church should lift people up to Christ, not water down His message to make it more palatable to the worldly.
Pictures
3 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment