Monday, October 18, 2010

Having it your way... Or Why we Shouldn't Want God to be Burger King

I pray that the Lord never gives me what I want. I pray that He never takes His hands off of me and says "Fine. Have it your way." It's a big fear of mine. With everything, I should desire to be in His will above all else. Our hearts are wicked and deceitful. We cannot be trusted to take care of ourselves. What I want, may not be what God wants for me. We are given clues in Scripture as to what God desires for His children. Let us seek Him in everything, searching His Holy Word and praying unceasingly. Please don't ever find yourself in a place where God says "have it your way, then." He may just give you what your wicked, deceitful heart desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends