
This was just too neat not to share. We are now the proud owners of a ... Five Lined Skink! Right now he (?) is sitting in a mason jar in my kitchen, eating a grasshopper. His name, of course, is Skink Man (DH thought of that one)
Skink Man was found in my living room. And after I finished swallowing my heart which had lodged itself in my throat, I found a glass and caught the lizard (which I thought was a snake, at first, hence my freak-out episode). I then transferred the reptile to the mason jar where we keep all of our "pets" until, well, they die.
First there was Silky the silk worm. Silky drowned when Bean thought he needed water to drink and filled the jar with water.
Then, came Sherman the Wormen, another silk worm. After Sherman escaped, I found him a week later crawling on my bed. Back to his prison he went. Sherman lasted a while. Bean was so happy about Sherman, we took him with us to the chiropractor and to buy a new car. Such a traveling worm. Well, Sherman died this week. I found his body shriveled on the bottom of the mason jar, with his carrot.
Now, we have Skink Man. He will be traveling with us this weekend to Troy.
Oh yes he is :/
DH has grand plans of a suitable habitat for Skink man, which we will purchase at the Wal-Mart (aka the Mall of Troy). I just hope I don't find his body shriveled up on the bottom of the mason jar in the morning.
Now, I wonder how he got in in the first place...
Oh, by the way, the above picture is not our Skink Man, I'll have to post pictures of our lizard when I charge my camera battery. Then wait about another 3 months for me to upload the pictures to the computer, and if Skink man is still alive, I'll post his mugshot.
Just in case it matters here is where I got the above picture from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fivelined_skink.jpg
Have a blessed weekend!





No comments:
Post a Comment