So far, this has been the easiest pregnancy. I've not had the typical aches and pains I usually get (aside from a random sciatica flare up). I haven't really had heartburn, or sleep issues. My BP has been normal and I've "passed" all of my tests. I've had such a peace about this one. I feel so prepared, even though I really haven't done anything out of the ordinary to "prepare" for this birth. I still have roughly 6 more weeks until I get to hold the baby in my arms. We are not having a home birth, on account of my hemorrhaging after the birth of DS2; DH (and I, to be honest) didn't feel comfortable with a home birth.
Our church gave me a baby shower this past Sunday, and it was so sweet. The ladies worked so diligently to make it special for me (even down to the Reese's Peanut Butter cake, YUMMY!) There really wasn't a whole lot that we needed except for baby wash, white onesies, wash clothes, and money for more cloth diapers. The cloth diaper stash is getting a little worn after having gone through my two boys and loaning them out to some friends. They still have plenty of wear left in them though, so they should do fine for this baby. I'll have two in diapers at the same time, so I'll have double the diaper washing to do during the week, which will add to the wear on the diapers we already have; having a few extra diapers will really be a huge blessing. We got everything we needed (and beyond) at the baby shower. I am so thankful.
This passed Sunday, our family accepted an invitation to officially join our church. It is AMAZING what the LORD will accomplish through prayer. The members of our church have been praying for almost a year for our family to join. But it had to be in God's timing (and it was). I am truly amazed at the work the LORD has done in my husband; he has grown so much in his walk. I am so proud of him. He truly has a heart for serving the LORD now. Because he is being fed the Word, he has taught the boys and I so much. My husband gave up a lot to please the LORD; he gave up membership in a church he had been a member of since high school, he gave up his position as a deacon, he gave up a church where he was comfortable, he gave up a church that he thought had a lot to offer his family. I don't know how it happened, but the LORD did a work in his heart to get him to leave. (It had to have been the LORD, because when I finally shut up about leaving our old church, it wasn't too long after that, that we did leave). After we left, it was still three months until we started attending where we are now. To be honest, I never thought this would happen; I was content with attending our church, but the LORD has been faithful and beyond.
Pictures
3 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment