Psalm 16:11
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
You know when life happens? When the laundry is piled to the ceiling and the kids are whining and you have no idea what to make for supper, it's hard to find joy. It's hard to find joy in doing the mundane day to day things of life, but God has given us a way to have fullness of joy. If you read in the 16th psalm verse 11, there is fullness of joy in HIS presence. The further you get from God, the less joy you will find in the life the Lord has given you. The closer you get to Him, there you will have, not just joy, but fullness of joy. Your joy will be full when you are in HIS presence.
I struggle big time with this. The busy-ness of life often takes my focus off of the Lord. I have a perpetual to-do list, and, honestly, it's hard to make time for the Lord. Don't get me wrong, I read my Bible every morning and seek the Lord in prayer, but it's hard to seek His face in everything I do. It's easy to get overwhelmed by life at home as a wife and mother, when we are doing things in our own might, but when we do things in the power of His might (Eph 6:10) we can withstand the battle. The devil wants to take our focus off of the Lord, and that is the real battle. But if we keep our minds stayed on the Lord we can withstand the wiles of the devil and have fullness of joy in the presence of the Lord!
I hope this was an encouragement to yall. The Lord is so good! Have a great night at prayer meeting. I am still trying to get my house and routine back together after a great week serving the Lord at our church's VBS last week. 17 souls were saved!!!! Little is much when God is in it!
Pictures
3 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment