Wednesday, December 28, 2011

where has the time gone...

Before the birth of ds2 I was really nervous about going from 1 child to 2, but the transition was a breeze. I never imagined how hard going from 2 to 3 children would be, and now I hear that that is the roughest transition. I am beyond busy, joyously busy, but busy none the less.

My day is spent schooling, and feeding, and cleaning up after, and enjoying the precious gifts that the Lord has entrusted to us. And I love it! When I do get a spare moment, I am getting caught up on my reading and researching ways to save my husband money.

I've started composting. I never knew how easy it was! I suggest everyone who gardens do it. The ratio is simple, 1 part green to 3 parts brown. Your green materials are your raw kitchen scraps, like apple peels and coffee grounds, and your brown materials are leaves and yard clippings. You can also add manure saw dust (but not too much), hay, and paper scraps. During the winter, you don't have to turn your pile too much, it will slow down the decomposing process. It really is quite simple, and you don't have to get it perfect, eventually, everything will decompose. Your compost will be a great addition to your garden soil.

I am re-evaluating my homeschool options for next year. I love love love A Beka, but I don't know how well it will work when I start schooling the other 2 boys. It really takes a lot of my time, and is not really usefull to facilitate independent learning. I think I am going for a 1 room school house method, where all the children will be taught the same thing and given assignments based on their skills and abilities. Now, I just need to nail down the texts to use. I may stick with a beka for ds 1 for next year and then change our path. Its something that dh and I will be in prayer over.

Afterall, the purpose of this blog is to detail my life as I simplify my home and life.

Many blessings to you!

BTW, we are having watchnight at our church this Saturday (12/31) starting at 3:00pm. Hope yall can make it out!

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to teach me more about composting! I usually just dump everything together, lol.
    I've been thinking of you lately. Our families need to get together one evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you, too. Everytime my dh talks to your dh, I always bug him about inviting yall for supper, lol. We will get together soon!

    ReplyDelete

Friends