I've started an elimination diet to help DS3 feel better. I've suspected a dairy sensitivity for a while. A dairy sensitivity is not the same thing as lactose intolerance. A dairy sensitivity is a sensitivity to the actual milk protein. The baby' stomach has a hard time breaking the protein down, so it builds up in their system and causes severe vomiting, stomach cramping, and green mucusy diapers, often with blood in them. The symptoms are the same as if it were an allergy in the baby. The baby usually outgrows it by the time they are 5.
I have been off all known dairy for 7 days. I did eat at chick fil a the other day, so there may have been a chance of cross contamination. 7 days is not enough time, though, to see if it is dairy. I'll need to be off of all dairy for at least 14 days, and it could take up to a month. Oh well. I've BTDT. The hardest part I think is figuring out what to cook.
But the hard part of this elimination diet for me will be this week because I am giving up caffeine for a time. I want to see if that will also help with the spitting up.
So, we are going to take it easy with school this week. Besides the older two have been doing very well with school since we started. Please keep us in your prayers :)
Today’s Plans
3 weeks ago





I gave up coffee while I nurse dd3 and it really helped. She just couldn't handle the caffeine.
ReplyDeleteIts been really hard for me to give up coffee. I couldn't do it cold turkey, so I am weaning myself off of it.
ReplyDelete