We had our homeschool fellowship yesterday. Th children raced pine boats that they had built (more like sanded, painted, and put together) DS1 lost his race, but he did manage to win the best looking boat, which was a replication of the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard. Bright orange paint, Rebel flag, and "01".
It was really nice to get out and see all the ladies. I have missed everyone so much. Lord willing, we will all make it to church this Sunday.
Yesterday, we also made it to Pensacola Christian Academy (PCA) to pick up DS1's curriculum for school. This is our first year using A Beka, and I am really happy with our choice. I am going to take this weekend to look over all the books and we'll start on Monday (a little late, but at least we are still in September, right?)
Monday, we will also jump head first into our new "schedule". I hate that word. I am rather rebellious and I
IDK. We'll see how it goes. I'll probably need to make adjustments. If the schedule is something that works for us, I'll post it here. I fit doesn't, I'll pretend I never mentioned it and forget about it. OK?
In other news...
I painted my kitchen a cheerful shade of yellow. Pictures to come, eventually.
I hung up artwork around the house (no more bare walls!)
I got a new cell phone (same number) and finally got right and I now have text messaging :D
We are so excited to begin schooling this year. It will also be DS2 first year doing "school". He'll be 2 in November, and I think he's ready. I know DS1 is ready to start. And DS3, he's just gonna hang out; eat some and sleep some. And I will probably be the one warming up coffee in the microwave, trying to keep it all together.
Not by myself, of coarse. Only by the Lord can I do anything Its helpful to remind myself of that.
"I sing because there is an empty grave. I sing because there is the power that saves. I sing because His grace is real to me. I sing because I'm not alone. I sing because I'm going Home. And I shall sing for all eternity."





No comments:
Post a Comment