Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pie...

I have been craving pie lately. I don't know if it is a summer thing or a pregnancy thing or both. But I really want to make pie. Fruit pies to be exact. Strawberry pie, blueberry pie, peach pie, strawberry rhubarb pie, cherry pie, apple pie, and lemon ice box pie. I think pie is my absolute favorite dessert. I love to make it and I love to eat it. DH's favorite pie is peach, btw, I don't think I can pick one to be my favorite. It's probably a tie between cherry, blueberry and peach pie.

The very first pie I ever made was an apple pie. Followed by a Dutch apple pie. It was over for me after that. I had the pie baking bug and I never stopped. My pies were even featured at a small diner in Goshen, AL where I worked while on a break from college.

There is just something so rustic and genuine about a homemade pie. Its work and love poured into a pie crust.

So, we have our church's spring picnic this Saturday. The women will be judged on a desert contest. I really don't know what I am going to make. I was going to do a cake, but now after this post, I think I need to do a pie. Hmm. I do know what I am bringing for a covered dish, though. Banana Pudding. DH loves my banana pudding and suggests I make it whenever we have to bring food somewhere.

Tonight, I am making chicken tortilla soup for supper. And If I want to eat before church tonight, I think I need to get going on that. Which reminds me of a quote a dear friend once told me, "You can tell who loves their church by who shows up on Sunday morning. You can tell who loves their pastor by who shows up Sunday night. You can tell who loves the LORD by who shows up Wednesday night." I do love a praying church. Our pastor has challenged us to pray for each member of our church everyday. There are not many people on the list, only about 75 or so, but I have been amazed by how the Lord will use that prayer time. Something you would think would only take about 5 minutes or so, ends up taking 30 minutes or more because the Lord will burden your heart to pray for specific needs. It truly is a blessing.

Have a great night at Prayer Meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends