I got a hair cut!!! Finally!! It's not not a big change, and it is still plenty long (after all, the glory of a woman is her hair) but I got all the ratty part chopped off. It had been almost 4 years since my last hair cut (WOW)!
A dear friend from church cut it yesterday. Not only did she cut my hair for me, she also fed us lunch, chicken and dumplings. I thought it tasted better than mine! It was so yummy. We stayed and got to fellowship for hours. Her children and mine spent most of the day outside, climbing trees, catching toads, and playing in the dirt (boys really are a magnet for dirt)
I was so impressed with the simplicity and practicality of their home. Not a space was waisted, but you could feel the love in their home. Kids and toys and books everywhere you looked, but it was a real home. I was also impressed with her thriftiness. I need to take grocery shopping lessons from her!
A few weeks ago, DH and I were talking about the number of children we could sleep in our house. Our house has large bedrooms, that can sleep at least 6 each. But, he said that if the Lord chooses to bless us with more, we can do a remodel of our garage and add 2 more bedrooms and a larger laundry room! He's been planning this! I am amazed by the work the Lord has done in his heart. Instead of coming home from work and planting himself in front of the TV or computer, he comes home and plays with the boys. Takes them outside to ride bikes, or plays trucks with them in the living room. Last weekend, he built them a sand box. He is so thoughtful and tuned in to his family, now. The boys don't know it yet, but DH is on his way home, now, with a set of water guns for us. They're gonna love it.
Sorry my posts have been sparse, but the weather has been beautiful these past few weeks. Its nice to actually have a spring. We've also slowed down with school to take advantage of the weather. We are doing school through the summer, so I'm not worried about falling behind.
Pictures
3 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment