Friday, September 10, 2010

Created To Be His Help Meet


So, I've started reading a new book this week. It's by Debi Pearl. Its called "Created to be His Help Meet". I've heard A LOT about this book, both good and bad. (I've also heard A LOT about the Pearls and their other books) So, in an attempt to discern for myself, I am going to read the book myself to see what it really says.


I think with most things, it's beneficial to chew the meat and spit out the bones. No book is perfect and no writer is perfect (unless the book is the Holy Bible and the author is God)


I've heard that this book has really done a lot to help marriages. I've also heard that this book has told women they are nothing more than doormats for their husbands. We shall see.


In what I have read so far, I only wish I would have read this book years ago, during my rebellious, selfish years. I really think it would have saved a lot of hurt and heartache for DH and I.
I am reading this book as part of a woman's "un-official" Bible study. We will read a chapter a week and come together and discuss it in terms of our marriages and what we have learned, taking the good from the bad. As with everything, the Holy Bible will be our frame and our standard and our lens. If it don't match up with Scripture, we can dismiss it.
I do plan on writing a full review of the book after I read it. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends