I was out over this past weekend with my family, trying to get ideas for my son's birthday party, when my husband decided that I should look for some new maternity clothes. For some reason, I have been putting this off because, well, maternity clothes are soo expensive!
So, I started to search the racks at the store we were at. Nothing. Apparently, women aren't supposed to dress modestly or femininely while expecting :/ And not to mention the color choices. Ugh. I'm pregnant. I'm happy to be pregnant. I want to wear happy colors, especially during the Summer months. Black will not do.
Off to the next store, which specializes in maternity clothes. I loved this store's clothes while I was pregnant with my first, though at that time, I must admit, I did not feel lead to dress modestly or femininely. I remember the store, however, carrying a large variety of skirts and dresses, most of which were quite modest (and beautiful IMO). Not so much these days. I combed the dress racks for dresses, dresses that I could wear around the house, and dresses I could wear to church. Nothing. I did find some dresses that covered more than others, but I could not find a dress cut below the knee and was at the same time modest. Yuck.
So the search continues. I will, however, be taking this search to the web. At least I can have a good idea of what that store is offering before I make a trip there.
Pictures
3 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment