Tuesday, November 6, 2012

So... it has been a while since my last post. What can I say, life is joyously busy! I absolutely love how my days are spent. Once again I have implemented a schedule, thanks to the Managers of Their Homes book. I never really have been a strict scheduler, but our days run so much better when we attempt to stick to our schedule. We had a really rough week, and I cried out to the LORD, "Where is the joy that once filled our home?" Then I was reminded that because of sickness and interruptions to our schedule, we had not followed our schedule for quite some time; our home and family were suffering! Amazingly (or not) the children behave so much better and are happier when the predictability of the schedule is in place, even though there is LESS free time and play time for them!

Our days are spent schooling the two oldest children, doing chores (yes, even the children have chores), reading to all the children, family Bible time, child training, and enjoying being together as a family.

Our God is a God of order. So if you haven't tried scheduling or if you have failed at it in the past, let me encourage you to read the book Managers of Their Homes by Steven and Teri Maxwell. The wisdom shared in this book has been a great help and blessing to our family.

Upcoming posts:
Thoughts on homeschooling
Ministry ideas for your family
Recipes for some of our family's favorites
and more...

Proverbs 26:17
 He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends