We moved to the country. And it is absolutely beautiful here. I stand in amazement and wonder at God's Creations everyday. I can't imagine how beautiful Heaven will be when the Earth He created is so beautiful! We are still only renting, but we should be able to save up for our own piece of land in a few years. God willing, we'll be here until we buy our own.
I love country life. We have started a garden We were a little late in planting because we didn't get moved until the beginning of this month, but all is well. We'll just have a later harvest. I'll get to try my hand at canning and preserving when it comes time to harvest. I've never done it before (I've never even seen it done) There are so many skills I've had to learn since becoming an adult that I wish I had learned in childhood (or at least have been exposed to them in childhood) But I have some wonderful women around me, who, in true Titus 2 womanhood, will be an encouragement to me as I embark on this new chapter in my life.
I think the womanly arts are dieing out in this day, and that is a shame. But there are a few of us who desire to learn and a few woman who desire to pass down these beautiful and useful traditions.
My first venture into canning will be blackberry preserves, which just so happen to be my favorite preserves. I'll let yall know how it goes. I'll be back to update this post with some pictures as soon as I can find my camera and the battery charger. Stay tuned!
Pictures
3 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment