Thursday, March 4, 2010

Well, Bean man went to the dentist today. He did great! He let the hygienist clean and polish all of his teeth. He even let her floss them! He doesn't have any cavities!! I am so proud of him.

We went to the thrift store the other day (finally!). I was able to find 3 dresses. Bean got a bunch of stuff. He got a pair of denim overalls, 3 pairs of pants, a polo shirt, a plaid button up shirt, and 4 or 5 pairs of shorts. He also got a book. We only spent $35!

Things are going kinda slow around here. We are waiting on another rental house to be completed so we can move. It is a beautiful piece of property out in the country. It will be nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of our city. I was a little unsure about the move at first, but I left it up to God. I wanted to be wherever He wanted me to be. The is great security in following His will. It is amazing to me to see God's plan unfold before my eyes. He makes it all possible.

I have gone dairy free for Monkey. I am pretty sure we were (are?) dealing with a milk sensitivity which was causing his reflux. I keep telling myself that this is just a season, and soon I won't be able to nurse him anymore. I need to enjoy this, and I really do.

More and more I feel that parenting is my Ministry. I am equipping my children with the skills they will need to be in God's army. My biggest fear in life is that I will fail them. Other people are called to serve in over-sees missions, but I know I am making just as big of an impact in my home with my family. Like I said earlier, there is great security in following His will.

I've got to sit down and do a menu and grocery list. I need to look and find some tasty dairy free recipes, because I am getting board with what I've been cooking. So I will post my menu tomorrow. Maybe I should do a grocery challenge, that might be fun. I love saving money on food ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends